We are a cashless school. This means that all payments must be made online via instant bank transfer, credit or debit card. We will no longer be able to accept cash payments for dinners, uniforms, trips/residentials or paid breakfast and afterschool clubs.
To enable you to pay online, we are pleased to advise you that we have introduced a new service called School Gateway. You will be able to make online payments via the School Gateway smartphone app or website. You will also be able to view school meals, paid breakfast and afterschool club and school trip/residential balances and top them up at any time.
We will notify you by text or email when new items are available for payment on School Gateway. You will also be able to give online consent, where required, for your child to take part in activities.
Aside from saving the school time and money on administration, School Gateway will also make it easier for parents to pay any time 24-7 and reduce the amount of cash being handled by children, parents and staff on the school premises.
What you need to do now:
- Make sure the school has your up-to-date email address and mobile number. We will update your child’s details and then you can activate your School Gateway account. It is quick and easy to do.
- Download the app: If you have a smartphone, please download School Gateway from your app store (Android or iPhone). If you do not have a smartphone you can still pay online via the website – www.schoolgateway.com The app shows the same information as the website.
- Click on “New User”. Fill in the email address and mobile number and press the “Send PIN” button. You will then be sent a new PIN number by text.
- Enter PIN and press “Login” – you will then see a message allowing you to receive notifications from Bentinck.
- Click on the “home” icon and you will have a payment request for dinners, paid clubs, trips, etc. Click on “My Payments” and you can then make online payments, and view balances.
If you are having trouble logging in, it may be because school doesn’t have your correct email and/or mobile phone number recorded, and so we were unable to activate your account (please see step 1). If your details change, please contact the office so they can update your child’s records. Once we have your mobile number and email address it will take 24 hours before School Gateway will be ready for you to login.
Payment for school meals must be received in advance and is currently £11.50 per week.
We hope you will find School Gateway to be a fast and easy way to pay. However, if you do have any queries or require any help at all, please do not hesitate to contact the school office where staff will be happy to help.